POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Continue with Radiosity : Re: Continue with Radiosity Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:17:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Continue with Radiosity
From: Patrick Dugan
Date: 20 Oct 2001 22:05:43
Message: <3bd22d77@news.povray.org>
If I'm not crazy (because it doesn't work for me) then could the issue be
due to the radiosity block size?  In other words lets say the initial block
size of the rendering using radiosity is ~100 lines (100x100) or so. (First
pass)  Since my image is large (10240x7680) If during my render the actual
LINES rendered (after the "blocks" are done and its now line-by-line) are
lower than the initial block size, then Povray feels it has to start over or
at least start at an even initial block size amount and not the actual line
it was on?
___________
        ---------------------------------------

                     ---------------------------------------
|                    |   Initial (first pass) block size 100 x
    ---------------------------------------      Actual lines rendered when
stopped (81)

So in this case it starts at zero because it hadn't actually rendered at
least 100 lines

Just trying to understand how to make the continue actually work on this
large image.